Do you have a small bathroom at home? Are you looking at adding some cabinets in it, but the space just won’t allow you to get a full sized sink and cabinet? Then worry no more as we have the perfect solution for you - corner vanities. Corner vanities are the home improvements world’s compromise as an answer for a need to have bathroom storage and sink without having that much space available.
The advantages of having a corner vanity are so many, you’d wish you’d thought of this space-saving idea sooner. One is that you can use it as a place to mount your bathroom sink. Two is that you can use this cabinet as a storage area for your toiletries, like extra toilet paper. You can also use it to store magazines or books to read during your long baths. Thirdly, another advantage of a corner vanity is that there are corner medicine cabinets available to compliment your vanity. Choose a wood-framed medicine cabinet with the same style as your vanity. This extra storage space will allow you to store other toiletries.
Visit our showroom to see our selection of Vanity Tops IN STOCK!
Having a beautiful home is what many homeowners are thinking about. Hence, most of them are seeking for remodeling ideas that will not only enhance the look of a home but will also boost its value. This may range from replacing old wood cabinets with newer ones, adding granite countertops in the kitchen or a bathroom double sink. Remodeling, however, can be so costly. Thus, it is crucial for you to learn some projects that you can do to improve your home yourself. You can always attempt to enhance any portion of your home that is outdated. Even if you are a beginner or already a professional when it comes to remodeling a home, there are still some things that you should mull over prior to remodeling your home. Every remodeling project starts with an idea. The very first thing that you have to do is to ask yourself what you wish to do and what architectural layout you want to have. Once you have figured out what needs to be done, for instance the plumbing or electrical systems, you should also think about the time constraint especially if you are planning to work on the kitchen or bathroom areas. Bear in mind that you must finish them at once as those areas are used everyday. You need to prepare the tools and everything you will need once you have decided to start your remodeling project. Make sure you have enough resources for the work that will be done and have already listed everything that needs to be accomplished for each day that you plan to do your project. Here are a few good remodeling ideas you can follow:
1. Repaint kitchen walls and refinish the knobs and handles of your wood cabinets. To give your kitchen a fresh look, repainting the walls and refinishing the cabinet knobs and handles are good ideas. Doing this can make your kitchen look new.
2. Add a frame in your bathroom and replace your old mirror with a new one. Bathroom do-it-yourself remodeling can be done by making a plan and taking all items away. You may change the appearance and feel of your bathroom by replacing your mirror with a new one, changing fixtures and adding a frame. You may also have your shower curtains replaced and all the damages fixed.
3. Add an entertainment room or family room in your house. One of the few good things that you can do to give your house a new look is adding an entertainment room. You may use a spare room or your garage in creating a relaxing ambience.
Remodeling a home is not always easy, but can be made simple if you will try to use your creative mind or follow some of the ideas suggested by others. Anyone who is eager to find ways in improving a home can surely attain lots of do-it-yourself remodeling ideas that will best fit your home. It is simply a matter of using your creativity as well as patience to obtain great outcome. Bear in mind that prior to proceeding with your remodeling project, which may include the refinishing or changing of wood cabinets, make certain that everything is prepared, so you will be much organized. Keep in mind too that enhancing the look and feel of your home need not be so costly.
A bathroom vanity area is one of the busiest parts of most homes, as both men and women do most everything there to groom themselves. Typically, the bathroom vanity area is made up of sinks, wood cabinets and a mirror. This portion in the bathroom is at times an office for individuals who wish to look their best before they go out of their homes. A double sink vanity can be very useful as with it, a lot of things can be done by every family member especially when beating the morning rush hour. It is also necessary for couples who are both working and have a set morning routine.
A double sink vanity in the bathroom has always been a good feature in almost all modern homes. There are, of course, some factors that should be considered prior to purchasing and installing a double bathroom sink. The very first thing is how small or big your bathroom is. Before you opt for this feature, make sure your bathroom has enough space to accommodate another sink and its accompanying plumbing. Generally, standard double bathroom vanity sinks come with wood cabinets placed underneath them. Make certain that your bathroom has room for these cabinets to make your double bathroom sink more appealing.
If your bathroom does not have enough space for a double vanity sink and still you wish to have this feature, you may consider rearranging the furniture and accessories of your bathroom in order for the added feature to fit in. Most plumbers will take exception in adding bathroom accessories. To control an additional faucet, see to it that you have the appropriate plumbing structure for your bathroom or for your home as a whole. Make necessary measurements and adjustments before you have a double bathroom sink installed. Also, ensure that the two sinks have an allowance to prevent that area from getting so crowded when both sinks are in use.
Ideally, you can try setting a separate area for your vanity double bathroom sink so that you can still use it even if there is someone who is using the shower. For a much attractive look, your double bathroom sink should go with your bathroom’s overall design. Luckily, this won’t be a problem for you as there are so many styles, designs and colors that you can select on. Among the most well-known styles for double bathroom sink include minimalist, wood finishing and porcelain basins.
When purchasing double bathroom sink bath with wood cabinets, make sure to consider looking at various mounting options. This could be the biggest factor that will let you decide what kind of double sink bath you will choose eventually. You may go for self-rimming mounts, integral basin, under mount and countertops. The most affordable choice is integral basins that have porcelain finishing. If you have enough money, you can go with counters or under mount double sinks. In due course, your choice and decision will be based on how much money you are willing to spend.
One of the most frequently used areas in any home is the bathroom. You might think dealing with a smaller area would make it is easier to do some remodeling projects. However, bathroom renovations are not always that easy since there are a few considerations to think about. This article will give you some bathroom ideas that you might want to consider when redoing your bathroom.
Dealing with a tiny space? Don’t worry because there are a lot of ways to create an illusion of space to an otherwise tiny area. Bathrooms of today, though smaller, can still give you several options.
A half bathroom can pose as a huge challenge. You will have to utilize every available wall or floor space to fit in any storage units. You will surely find one piece of furniture in a small bathroom. A good example is a mirrored cabinet placed just above the sink or a toilet topper/over the john cabinet.
Before anything else, however, it is important that you measure the area where you are thinking of putting your new furniture. Make it a point to consider the layout of your bathroom fixtures like the toilet and shower stall so as not to end up having a cramped space. Several 19” deep vanities are available to accommodate those smaller spaces.
If you are thinking of putting in bathroom furniture, look for one that has a lot of compartments. This is a great idea especially if you have a big family. Look for furniture that has a versatile style and one that complements the overall look of your bathroom. Be sure to measure before purchasing one, you might run into problems if you are making a smaller area work. Confirm that you have enough clearance around light fixtures and power outlets.
If you aren’t sure where to shop, visit Builders Surplus in Santa Ana. You will find 23 different styles of vanities in stock. Just remember: measure, measure, measure!
Having your new kitchen or bathroom completed can be rewarding in many ways, an increase in property value, a newly organized space, and a sense of fulfillment. But we all know the process of remodeling can be tedious and exhausting. Knowing where to go for help or ideas can make things a lot easier.
Here are a few reasons why coming to Builders Surplus can make your renovation go a lot smoother.
- Selection-We stock over a dozen kitchen cabinet styles and well over two dozen styles of bathroom vanity cabinets. Various sizes and configurations are available for each style.
- Convenience- Since we have a great selection of in stock kitchen cabinets and bath vanities, you can come in to the store and take your completed kitchen or bath vanity the same day.
- Design help- Come in with your dimension and we can design and quote your kitchen or bath cabinets the same day.
- No assembly required- All our kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities are completely assembled and individually boxed.
- No surprises- You will inspect your new kitchen cabinets or bathroom vanity cabinets on site so there are no surprises out of the box.
Remodeling your bath and your kitchen is one of the best known ways to upgrade your home and give it a higher resale value. Home renovation can put a strain on your budget; however, if there is one thing that you can change without spending a lot of money, it is redoing your kitchen and bath cabinets. These two rooms are probably the most frequently used areas of the home and the cabinetry is one of the major focal points used in both rooms.
Updating or simply refinishing/repainting your cabinets will give both of these rooms different appeal that is low on the budget. You’ll have to consider that you will need to allot some time and space for these projects so plan ahead. For example, if the household has only one bathroom, certain accommodations will have to be made.
Common things to look for when inspecting your cabinets: water damage, mold, scratches, drawer interiors, and paint/finish. After evaluating your cabinets, you can determine how, or if they can be refinished. Older cabinets may need to be replaced instead of just repainted or refinished. Except for simple touch ups or small scratches, you will most likely have to remove the existing finish before applying the new color or stain.
With regards to your bathroom, aside from redoing your cabinets, you might also want to replace or upgrade certain items like: fixtures, knobs, mirrors, medicine cabinets and vanity counter tops.
If you are working on a tight budget but would still want to make improvements on your home, there are websites that you can check that offer inexpensive home accessories. However, if replacing your cabinets is the only option, call or visit Builders Surplus for more information.
A bathroom should be a personal oasis for the homeowner. Enhancing the look of this private room is easy and affordable and can afford you and your guests the serene, peaceful atmosphere you deserve. Check out these styling tips to learn how you can make your bathroom trendy and modern with the help of furniture.
- Choose the right size of vanity mirror: Vanity mirrors come in many shapes and sizes. For a larger bathroom, choose a wide mirror that spans the length of the wall above your sink. For a smaller guest bathroom, opt for a smaller mirror with a decorative trim.
- Consider granite countertops: If you’re looking for a romantic, luxurious feel in your bathroom, then granite countertops are the right choice. Granite comes in a variety of colors and adds that extra sparkle to the room.
- Make your medicine cabinet marvelous: To store your stuff in style, choose a tri-view medicine cabinet. This adds dimension as well as storage space for all of your toiletries.
- Make room for your makeup: For the lady of the house, choosing to include a makeup drawer in your bathroom will add a functional, yet elegant touch. This will give you a place for all of your beauty products, so no space is taken up by a makeup case.
If your bathroom could use new bathroom amenities, then Builder’s Surplus, Inc is the answer to your problems. We provide you with a wide range of bathroom products at an affordable price. Check us out online to look at our available services.
Trying to decide whether or not to buy a double sink vanity for your home? Below are a few advantages to a double sink vanity.
Personal Space, while double and single sink vanities consume the same physical space, double sink vanities maximize personal space, allowing each individual to have his or her own sink, mirror/medicine cabinet and other personal items on each side.
Time Saved, greater personal space usually results in less clutter and a more organized bathroom vanity.
Variety, Builders Surplus offers several types of double sink vanities in stock, traditional, furniture style and even wall mount. Several colors are in stock to take home today with various wood options.
Savings, while you may spend more on buying two faucets or mirrors, some of that cost may be off-set when you consider that the double sink vanities at Builders Surplus are less expensive than the single sink vanities.
Double sink vanities are considered a very practical option for any master bathroom or family household. With all the color and size options available, you will be able to change the look and feel to please you and add value to your home.
If the next big project you have planned for your home is remodeling the bathroom, granite counters are a viable option.
- Adding granite counters is considered a boost for your home value.
- Granite comes in as many colors and patterns as are found in nature. The most common and therefore least expensive granite has a fairly uniform color throughout the countertop. A more expensive pattern has a swirl in it, called "movement." Thickness of a counter top will also affect the price.
- Granite counters are very low maintenance, only needing to be sealed a couple of time a year depending on use and no harsh chemicals are needed for cleanup.
- Granite is one of the hardest stones found in nature; it is resistant to scrapes, chips and stains. With proper care and maintenance granite can be expected to last a lifetime.
- Ease of installation, because all of the granite counters sold at Builders Surplus have the bowl already mounted and sealed, installation is a cinch.
Be sure to bring paint chips, tile samples or other elements to compare and help with the new look you are trying to achieve.
Visit the Builders Surplus website today to find out more about all of our counter top options, including granite counters.